Q: What are the benefits to my employees?
A: What you write demonstrates to your colleagues and clients your insight, intelligence, drive, ability to communicate, work hard, and take your job seriously.
Writing is an invitation. Is your invitation the best it could be?
Q: Do you need to be a writer to take a class?
Q: How do I know my business is a good fit?
A: In order to achieve the goal of providing a productive and respectful class space to learn the craft of writing, we as that you:
- Provide an appropriate space that is conducive to writing. This includes ample writing room, a whiteboard for the teaching artist, adequate lighting, and the facilitation of a calm and organized classroom.
- Encourage participants to come to class on time, commit to being in class for the duration of the program, and respectfully engage in all class activities. Writing workshops thrive on consistent student engagement.
- Register participants.
- Feel confident in the level of interest at your business, and that participants will consistently attend class for the duration of the writing program.
- Are willing and able to promote the opportunity among your constituency.
- Help the Loft evaluate the program and ensure best practices, which include discussing the class content and learning objectives with the teaching artist and can include planning meetings with the teaching artist and Loft staff.
Q: How much do classes and professional development sessions cost?
Q: What is your payment policy?
A: Once a program is confirmed, the Loft will send an agreement to both the organization and the teaching artist. The agreement will outline the payment process and terms for the teaching artist and the organization, including all key deadlines.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
A: Programs can be canceled up to two weeks before the program start date. If cancellation occurs within two weeks of the program start date, the organization will be charged the full program fee.
Q: What about emergency cancellations?
A: In the case of an emergency cancellation due to weather, the Loft will work with the partnering organization to reschedule the program.